- Early America believed that organizing a political party was corrupt or subversive
- Parties would fill Congress with men of little ability who put special interests over national welfare
- George Washington tried to have an impartial presidency by consulting members of both camps
By 1794, split into two parties: Federalists who controlled the executive, and the Democratic Republicans, who controlled the House of Representatives.
| || |
Election of 1796- Candidate:
- Federalists: John Adams- Washington’s VP
- Democratic: Republicans- Thomas Jefferson
Adams becomes President, Jefferson VP as 2nd in votes (changed by 12th amendment)
If we have helped you, please help us fix his smile with your old essays...it takes seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.