- Early America believed that organizing a political party was corrupt or subversive
- Parties would fill Congress with men of little ability who put special interests over national welfare
- George Washington tried to have an impartial presidency by consulting members of both camps
By 1794, split into two parties: Federalists who controlled the executive, and the Democratic Republicans, who controlled the House of Representatives.
Election of 1796- Candidate:
- Federalists: John Adams- Washington’s VP
- Democratic: Republicans- Thomas Jefferson
Adams becomes President, Jefferson VP as 2nd in votes (changed by 12th amendment)
Help Us Fix his Smile with Your Old Essays, It Takes Seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.