Labs are performed in groups for data collection purposes only. Your lab report should NOT be the result of shared writing, copying, or cooperative effort. This includes your calculations. You must do this on your own. Remember to cite any references you use and do not copy from the lab sheets into your lab report. GRAPHS MUST be done on your own—make your own title, labels, etc. If the identical graph is turned in for multiple people, none of the individuals will receive credit for the graph portion of the analysis!
Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
1. TITLE and DATE, NAME, CLASS PERIOD
3. PROCEDURE–First list ALL lab equipment used in performing the lab. Draw a sketch of the lab setup and label all equipment used. Then list numerically the steps used in completing the gathering of the data required for the lab. Be sure to mention how many trials were taken in the lab.
4. DATA– Clearly list and label all raw data taken in the lab. Use a table or some other such method for presenting measurements. Make sure units are clearly labeled for all measurements.
5. CALCULATIONS– Briefly explain what quantity is being calculated and why. Then show all formulas needed, including algebraic manipulations of standard equations where necessary. Then show the calculations for each trial. In this section also include all graphs and charts when required. This section will also contain the error calculation when required.
6. ANALYSIS– Here, in a single section, ALL questions posed throughout the lab should be answered in order. Answer questions in full sentences and ALWAYS give reasons for Yes or No answers. If the question posed requires a calculated answer, be sure to show all standard equations along with working equations, inserted values and final answer. Show your work. This section will also contain an error analysis.
7. CONCLUSION– In one paragraph each, explain which of the objectives were met in this lab and why, and which objectives failed to be met and why. In another paragraph describe how the lab could be improved by modifying the procedure or analysis.
8. APPENDIX—attach any lab sheets or notes used during the lab.
Hand written labs and graphs are allowed, but not recommended. If hand written, they must be neat and legible and in ink. Students should use word processing software (like Microsoft Word or Google Docs) to create the lab report. Software, such as Excel or Google Docs, should also be used to create graphs. If needed the graphs can be hand drawn.
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.