- Typically emphasizes exposure as well as changing problematic patterns of thinking
- Typically involve- 10 individual or group sessions with a therapist plus homework
- Has been shown to produce significant improvements
- Has been combined with drug therapy
Agoraphobia: Fear of not being able to escape from a public place if they have a panic attack
The Use and Abuse of Drugs:
- Habits that have gotten out of control, with a resulting negative impact on a person’s health.
- 5 Characteristics typically associated with addictive behaviours:
§ Some act of the behaviour produces positive feelings, or some act of the behaviour relieves negative feelings
o Compulsion or craving
o Loss of Control
§ More and more of the substance is required to produce it’s desired affects- physical addiction
o Negative Consequences
The Development of Addiction:
- Many behaviours are addictive, but most people who engage in them do not develop problems
- If a person becomes dependent and tolerance develops, the behaviour is likely to become a central focus in the person’s life
- No single cause of addiction
– The individual, environment, and substance/ behaviour combine
–Individuals with trouble coping with stress may be more susceptible to addiction
–Some people may also have a genetic predisposition to addiction (could also be
environmental, learned behaviours)
If we have helped you, please help us fix his smile with your old essays...it takes seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.