When installing or removing computer hardware and other peripherals :
1. Wear proper apparel. Avoid acrylic or wool sweaters when working with electronic parts. Do not wear loose-fitting clothing, rings, bracelets etc.
2. Unplug all computer equipment and peripherals before opening any cases. (The only exception to this is if you were working without an anti-static mat – keeping the cord in would provide a ground. )
3. Keep your work area clean, organized and well lit. It’s your workstation – keep it tidy.
4. Check for damaged parts. Notify your teacher in case anything is wrong.
5. Do not force components into computer ports. Working with computer technology requires more brainpower than muscle power. If it isn’t going in with normal procedure, something is wrong – wrong screw size, wrong slot, mismatched parts, etc. Ask for help as needed.
6. Use an anti-static wrist strap (it costs about 10 dollars), or an anti-static mat, or discharge yourself by touching a grounded metal object before you touch any parts inside the system.
7. Power supplies produce several levels of voltage. Read the information on the power supply carefully and make sure that the power supply you are using is appropriate for the application. DO NOT open a power supply unless your teacher instructed to, and is supervising the job!
8. Check all circuits and installations with the instructor before power is applied.
9. Replace all cases or coverings after inspections or installations. Re-install the proper size and number of screws – if screws are missing, ask your teacher for extras.
10. Retain all screws during a system disassembly. Save and sort them in containers such as our screw trays, or egg boxes, or even film canisters, sorted by size for proper re-assembly.
11. Electronic components should never become hot. Hot components mean that there is a problem with the circuit. Disconnect any power immediately.
I have read, understood, and agreed to the computer workshop safety rules above. I understand that I may lose the right to do hands-on assignments in case of rule violations or mischief in class.
If we have helped you, please help us fix his smile with your old essays...it takes seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.