- The IPCC is known as the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change and was established in 1988 by the UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme) and the WMO (World Meteorological Organization).
- It is one of the leading panels on the assessment of climate change. They provide scientific assessments about the risk of climate change.
ROLES OF IPCC:
The IPCC has 3 major roles:
- Assessing scientific information on climate change.
- Assessing environmental and social impacts on climate change
- Creating counteracting strategies for climate change.
WORK GROUPS/TASK FORCE:
- Work Group 1 deals with causes of climate change,
- Work Group 2 deals with the vulnerability of climate change and ways of adapting to it.
- Work Group 3 deals with how we can help with climate change.
- The task force calculates and reports national GHG emissions and removals.
- IPCC findings show that the temperature trends are rising in all countries across the globe. There are barely any countries with temperature trends decreasing and the temperature going down.
- IPCC finding show that the greenhouse emissions being released are increasing over the decades.
- IPCC show that the sea levels are rising significantly over the past few years.
- This all leas to the IPCC revealing that the global average temperature has been most severe in the past few decades after the use of tons of greenhouse gases.
- The way, way, after graph shows how long it will take for the sea level, temperature and concentration of emissions to get back to normal, which is a very long time.
Help Us Fix his Smile with Your Old Essays, It Takes Seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.