- Muslim belief can be summarized in a creed called the Shahadah:
“There is no god but God and Muhammad is the messenger of God”
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- God’s proper name is Allah
- Allah is omnipresent (all-present), omniscient (all-knowing), and omnipotent (all-powerful)
- Since Allah is the creator and ruler of all things, our duty as humans is worship and submit to Allah
- Islam means “submission to God” or “surrender to God’s will” (telling of the centrality of this idea)
- Allah is a compassionate guide who will lead us to knowledge and fulfillment
- All people are seen as equal under Allah (except for levels of peity), i.e. no concept of a chosen people
The Day of Judgement
- Humans have a soul that lives one lifetime and then moves to an afterlife (i.e. not reincarnated into another body)
- When a soul passes into the afterlife, it is judged by Allah and sent to heaven or hell, depending on the person’s actions on earth.
- Very similar concept to Christianity and Judaism