· Their theology has had a great impact on Judaism, Christianity and other later religions, in the beliefs surrounding God and Satan, the soul, heaven and hell, saviour, resurrection, final judgment, etc.
· It is one of the oldest religions still in existence,
· It may have been the first monotheistic religion.
· The religion was founded by Zoroaster
· Scholars aren’t sure when Zoroaster was born but they believe it was between 1700 and 600 B.C.E.
· Much of what is known about Zoroaster is based on legend, because many historical records are unreliable
· He lived in Persia which is modern day Iran
· He preached monotheism in a land that followed a polytheistic religion.
· Zoroaster preached that there was one God, whom he called Ahura Mazda. Ahura means “Lord,” and Mazda means “Wise,” so Zoroastrians call God the “Wise Lord.”
· Ahura Mazda’s main rival is Angra Mainyu, this rivalry represents the battle between good and evil in all of us.
· He was attacked for his teaching, but finally won the support of the king.
· Zoroastrianism became the state religion of various Persian empires, until the 7th Century C.E.
Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
· The Zoroastrian holy book is called the Avesta
· This includes the original words of their founder Zoroaster, preserved in a series of five hymns, called the Gathas.
· Fire is a very important symbol in Zoroastrianism. It represents God and helps Zoroastrians focus when they are praying.
· Zoroastrianism does not teach or believe in reincarnation or karma.
· Zoroastrians believe that after life on earth, the human soul is judged by God as to whether it did more good or evil in its life.
· Zoroastrians are dedicated to a three-fold path, as shown in their motto: “Good thoughts, good words, good deeds”
· There are approximately 140,000 Zoroastrians in the world
· There are approximately 12,000 Zoroastrians in North America
· There are approximately 4,000 Zoroastrians in Ontario.
· In Ontario, the main community gathering place is the Darbe Meher at Bayview Ave. and Steeles Ave. in Toronto.
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.