There a 6 essential features needed to create maps. – MUST HAVES
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- Title: A title should tell the reader both what the map is about and where the map is depicting. It should be located at the top of a map, in large print, inside the border of the map.
eg. Land Use in Mississauga, Ontario
2. Legend: A legend provides the key for reading symbols and colour on
your map. The legend should be on the face of the map and use logical
"Be Bold" No-Essay $10,000 Scholarship
The $10,000 “Be Bold” Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. To us, boldest does not mean “best”, or “most accomplished”. Being bold means being: Earnest, Determined, Moving. The scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.
symbols. Colours and symbols on the legend must match those on the map.
If symbols or colours are not used on a map, you do not need a legend.
3. Border: The border of a map shows exactly where the mapped area stops. It
should be a thick line close to the edges as possible. All items should be
inside the border.
4. Direction: Tells the reader which way is up or North.
5. Scale: the scale shows how much of the real world is represented on the map.
If you are making a sketch map, you would write: Not to Scale
6. Publication Information: the name of the publisher (or student) who made the
map and the date of creation should be on each map. Maps do change and it
may be important to use the most current map.
REMEMBER: It is important to be accurate and neat in map making. Use of colour can increase the understanding of maps. Be sure NOT to use the colour BLUE on land – only on water.
Labels on maps must be printed, horizontal, consistent size and straight.
The size, boldness and font of letters may vary to show importance.
Larger cities are labeled with larger letters. Labels should be done in dark pencil in class, but are usually done in black ink. Burlington Toronto ONTARIO
When labeling rivers, the label follows the river.