- Overrules all other Ontario legislation unless that legislation states that the Human Rights Code does not apply
- Provides civil remedies, not criminal penalties
- People found to have engaged in discrimination can be ordered to compensate an individual or make changes to the way they conduct their affairs.
Scope of the Code – What does the Code apply to?
- Services, goods, facilities (schools, hospitals, shops, restaurants, sports and recreation organizations)
- Accommodation – place where you live or want to live, whether you own or rent the premises.
- Employment – advertisements application forms and job interviews, work assignment, training and promotion
Prohibited grounds of discrimination
- Religious, education or social institutions serving ethnic groups people with disabilities, religious groups, etc. may choose to employ only members of that group
- An employer can discriminate on the basis of age, sex, or marital status if they are genuine requirements of the job (ex. shelters for abused women employing only women, male attendants to work in men’s locker room)
Help Us Fix his Smile with Your Old Essays, It Takes Seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.