– obtained from bacterial cells where they act as an immune system, they digest foreign DNA molecules from viruses
– molecular scissors that cut DNA at a specific base-pair sequence (the recognition site)
– they scan DNA, stop at their recognition sites, then disrupt the phosphodiester bonds and the hydrogen bonds between nucleotides cutting a molecule of DNA into fragments
– blunt ends are fragment ends of a DNA molecule that are fully base paired (no overhang), resulting from cleavage by a restriction enzyme
– sticky ends fragment end of a DNA molecule with short single-stranded overhangs, resulting from cleavage by a restriction enzyme
– sticky ends can form hydrogen bonds between complementary base pairs, but the phosphodiester bonds must be reformed to stabilize the DNA molecule
– DNA ligase is an enzyme that reforms phosphodiester bonds joining DNA fragments together
If we have helped you, please help us fix his smile with your old essays...it takes seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.