Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- 470-399 B.C,- NEVER wrote anything
- Gave philosophy its preeminent method- Socratic method or questioning (form of inquiry and debate between individuals with opposing viewpoints based on asking and answering questions to stimulate rational thinking and to illuminate ideas)
- Believed knowledge does not come from memorizing facts & repeating them
- True wisdom comes from being able to answer why?
- Pupil of Socrates (427 -347 B.C.)
- Founded the 1st multi-subject, multi-teacher institution of higher learning in Western Civilization
- Wrote a number of dialogues, most famous of which is the Republic
- Platonic metaphysics formed model for Christianity for around 15 centuries
- Taught by Plato (384-322 B.C.)
- Coined term metaphysics, which translates to “after the things of nature”
- Wrote about numerous subjects including metaphysics, biology, poetry, physics
- Believed in the importance of direct observation of nature & having factual data before theorizing
- In 13th century A.D., his metaphysics came to dominate Christian theology