- Canadian Parliamentary System Federal Level
- Provincial Level
- A government in which the monarch has only the powers laid out in the nation’s constitution and laws.
- The monarch is recognized as the Head of State and centre of state authority.
- Role is essentially symbolic; most real political power in Canada lies with elected politicians.
Govenor General Role
- Represents the Queen in Canada(pg 35 of text)
- Role is almost always limited to ceremonial
- Appointed (by the monarch) on the advice of the Prime Minister.
- By constitutional convention, the Governor General exercises his or her powers on the advice of the Prime Minister and other Ministers.
Govenor General Responsibilities
- The Governor General performs some of the functions normally associated with heads of state.
- makes state visits abroad,
- hosts foreign heads of state,
- receives ambassadors and high commissioners.
- attends state banquets and functions,
- meeting ceremonial groups,
- awards medals, decorations, and prizes
Help Us Fix his Smile with Your Old Essays, It Takes Seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.