- Canadian Parliamentary System Federal Level
- Provincial Level
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- A government in which the monarch has only the powers laid out in the nation’s constitution and laws.
- The monarch is recognized as the Head of State and centre of state authority.
- Role is essentially symbolic; most real political power in Canada lies with elected politicians.
Govenor General Role
- Represents the Queen in Canada(pg 35 of text)
- Role is almost always limited to ceremonial
- Appointed (by the monarch) on the advice of the Prime Minister.
- By constitutional convention, the Governor General exercises his or her powers on the advice of the Prime Minister and other Ministers.
Govenor General Responsibilities
"Be Bold" No-Essay $10,000 Scholarship
The $10,000 “Be Bold” Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. To us, boldest does not mean “best”, or “most accomplished”. Being bold means being: Earnest, Determined, Moving. The scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.
- The Governor General performs some of the functions normally associated with heads of state.
- makes state visits abroad,
- hosts foreign heads of state,
- receives ambassadors and high commissioners.
- attends state banquets and functions,
- meeting ceremonial groups,
- awards medals, decorations, and prizes