Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- Interconnection of the world’s financial systems e.g. stock markets
- More of a connection between large cities than of nations
- Example: What happens in Asian markets affects the North American markets.
- A worldwide economic system that permits easy movement of goods, production, capital, and resources (free trade facilitates this)
- Example: NAFTA, EU, Multinational corporations
- Connection between nations through technology such as television, radio, telephones, internet, etc.
- Was traditionally available only to the rich but is now far more available to the poor. Much less infrastructure is needed now.
- countries are attempting to adopt similar political policies and styles of government in order to facilitate other forms of globalization
- e.g. move to secular governments, free trade agreements, etc
- Merging or “watering down” of the world’s cultures e.g. food, entertainment, language, etc.
- Heavily criticized as destructive of local culture
- e.g. The Simpsons is shown in over 200 countries in the world.
- seeing the Earth as a single ecosystem rather than a collection of separate ecological systems because so many problems are global in nature
- e.g. International treaties to deal with environmental issues like biodiversity, climate change or the ozone layer, wildlife reserves that span several countries
- A growing belief that we are all global citizens and should all be held to the same standards – and have the same rights
- e.g. the growing international ideas that capital punishment is immoral and that women should have all the same rights as men.
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.