Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- Interconnection of the world’s financial systems e.g. stock markets
- More of a connection between large cities than of nations
- Example: What happens in Asian markets affects the North American markets.
- A worldwide economic system that permits easy movement of goods, production, capital, and resources (free trade facilitates this)
- Example: NAFTA, EU, Multinational corporations
- Connection between nations through technology such as television, radio, telephones, internet, etc.
- Was traditionally available only to the rich but is now far more available to the poor. Much less infrastructure is needed now.
- countries are attempting to adopt similar political policies and styles of government in order to facilitate other forms of globalization
- e.g. move to secular governments, free trade agreements, etc
- Merging or “watering down” of the world’s cultures e.g. food, entertainment, language, etc.
- Heavily criticized as destructive of local culture
- e.g. The Simpsons is shown in over 200 countries in the world.
- seeing the Earth as a single ecosystem rather than a collection of separate ecological systems because so many problems are global in nature
- e.g. International treaties to deal with environmental issues like biodiversity, climate change or the ozone layer, wildlife reserves that span several countries
- A growing belief that we are all global citizens and should all be held to the same standards – and have the same rights
- e.g. the growing international ideas that capital punishment is immoral and that women should have all the same rights as men.