- An apartment, or flat, is a self-contained housing unit that occupies only part of a building.
- Your rent usually includes payment for the management of the common areas.
- Individual ownership of a portion of a building, with common areas shared by all owners.
- Often condo’s have all the amenities included in the unit (washer/dryer)
- Each owner pays a monthly fee to a management company to help maintain and manage the common areas.
- A series of condos where the owners contribute to maintenance of common areas through money contributions or doing the work themselves instead of paying a maintenance company to manage the property.
- Co-op’s are usually grouped by income and are sometimes subsidized by the government.
- A one room apartment with kitchen, living space and bedroom in the same area
One Bedroom Apartment
- An apartment with a kitchen, living space and separate bedroom
Cite this article as: William Anderson (Schoolworkhelper Editorial Team), "Types of Housing Definitions," in SchoolWorkHelper, 2022, https://schoolworkhelper.net/types-of-housing-definitions/.