Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM)
Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
-very expensive with 2 million times magnification
– specimen must be cut very thinly and must be dead
Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
– produces a 3-D image of the surface
– whole specimen must be dead
Compound Microscope – the one we use
– two lenses illuminated by a light source
– specimen can be alive or dead
MAGNIFICATION: how many times bigger an object seems
RESOLUTION: How much detail can be seen
FIELD OF VIEW: Circular area you see illuminated
Allows a biologist to determine the actual size of specimen
1. TOTAL MAGNIFICATION (MAG)
Two lenses: Ocular __________
Objective lenses: Low_______ Med_______ High_______
Total MAG = MAG of ocular x MAG of objective
2. FIELD OF VIEW (FOV)
– As magnification increases the FOV decreases
– essential you are blowing up part of the FOV
– FOV can be measured with a ruler on low power and calculated for medium and high powers
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.