- Conservatism is a preference for the historically inherited rather than the abstract and ideal.
- Believes society should be rooted in long-standing traditions and its institutions should reflect those traditions
Why conservatives believe this:
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- Movement began as a response to the French Revolution (1789)- people of France replaced monarchy with new forms of gov’t, resulting in a chaotic decade
- Believe customs and social structures that have successfully withstood the test of time will do so in the future as well- “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” mentality
- Old ideas are preferable to new ideas, which are needless and potentially harmful experimentation
How this works:
- Gov’ts responsibility: be the servant, not the master, of existing ways of life- politicians must resist the temptation to transform society and politics
What is the difference between Conservatives and Liberals?
"Be Bold" No-Essay $10,000 Scholarship
The $10,000 “Be Bold” Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. To us, boldest does not mean “best”, or “most accomplished”. Being bold means being: Earnest, Determined, Moving. The scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.
- American writer Ambrose Bierce defined the conservative as: “a statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with others.”