- Performed during the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- A saline solution is inserted into the amniotic fluid surrounding the baby
- The baby breaths in this solution and painfully dies over a few hours from poisoning and dehydration
- The baby’s skin is burned off and the mother delivers the baby 24-48 hours after it dies
Suction and Curettage
- Performed during the 1st trimester of pregnancy
- A vacuum-like tube is placed inside the mother’s uterus
- The baby is sucked into this tube as a whole or in different pieces and is placed into a jar
- The jar is inspected to make sure all the body parts of the baby are there
- Any pieces of the baby left over are scraped out of the uterus with a curette
- The vacuum tube is again placed inside the mother to ensure there are no body parts left inside
- Performed during the 13th week of pregnancy
- Forceps are an instrument that looks like a pair of scissors
- Baby is torn apart from the womb
- Forceps used to break the baby’s skull to make it easier to pull through the mother
- The vacuum tube is placed inside the mother to suck up any remaining body parts of the baby
- Performed early in pregnancy
- Uses drugs to kill the baby
- 2 different drugs are used in North America: Methotrexate and misoprostol
- Methotrexate is an injection used to stop the growth of the baby
- Misoprostol are tablets used about a week later to cause contractions in order to push the baby out
Cite this article as: William Anderson (Schoolworkhelper Editorial Team), "Different Kinds of Abortion," in SchoolWorkHelper, 2019, https://schoolworkhelper.net/different-kinds-of-abortion/.
If we have helped you, please help us fix his smile with your old essays...it takes seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.