- Performed during the 2nd or beginning of the 3rd trimester of pregnancy
- A saline solution is inserted into the amniotic fluid surrounding the baby
- The baby breaths in this solution and painfully dies over a few hours from poisoning and dehydration
- The baby’s skin is burned off and the mother delivers the baby 24-48 hours after it dies
Suction and Curettage
- Performed during the 1st trimester of pregnancy
- A vacuum-like tube is placed inside the mother’s uterus
- The baby is sucked into this tube as a whole or in different pieces and is placed into a jar
- The jar is inspected to make sure all the body parts of the baby are there
- Any pieces of the baby left over are scraped out of the uterus with a curette
- The vacuum tube is again placed inside the mother to ensure there are no body parts left inside
- Performed during the 13th week of pregnancy
- Forceps are an instrument that looks like a pair of scissors
- Baby is torn apart from the womb
- Forceps used to break the baby’s skull to make it easier to pull through the mother
- The vacuum tube is placed inside the mother to suck up any remaining body parts of the baby
- Performed early in pregnancy
- Uses drugs to kill the baby
- 2 different drugs are used in North America: Methotrexate and misoprostol
- Methotrexate is an injection used to stop the growth of the baby
- Misoprostol are tablets used about a week later to cause contractions in order to push the baby out
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.