- The name Mary means “wise woman” or “lady”
- She came from a town called Magdala on the western side of the Sea of Galilee
- The story of Mary Magdalene contains four different episodes, Mary Magdalene as a disciple of Jesus, Mary at the crucifixion, Mary prepared Jesus’ body for the burial and Mary witnesses the resurrection.
- Mary has been incorrectly portrayed as a prostitute for reasons such as she was confused with a woman from another story, she was described with having a serious illness which many linked to her sexuality and she is represented as sinful woman compared with Mary of Nazareth.
- Jesus cured Mary Magdalene from a serious illness
- As Jesus taught throughout the country he was accompanied by a group of men led by Peter and a group of woman led by Mary Magdalene.
- This group of woman helped Jesus survive finically.
- Mathew in (26:56) makes the point that the male disciples deserted Jesus prior to his execution while the woman remained near Jesus.
- However the male disciples could have been seen as conspirators and gotten arrested if they stood to close.
- After the execution the woman intended to wash and anoint the body of Jesus.
- However they arrived at Jesus’ tomb and it was empty.
- Mary Magdalene then had a profound revelation where she heard and saw Jesus.
- Jesus told her to spread his story and therefore she is considered an apostle of Jesus.
- However many see her as an “apostle to the apostles”.
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.