- The name Mary means “wise woman” or “lady”
- She came from a town called Magdala on the western side of the Sea of Galilee
- The story of Mary Magdalene contains four different episodes, Mary Magdalene as a disciple of Jesus, Mary at the crucifixion, Mary prepared Jesus’ body for the burial and Mary witnesses the resurrection.
- Mary has been incorrectly portrayed as a prostitute for reasons such as she was confused with a woman from another story, she was described with having a serious illness which many linked to her sexuality and she is represented as sinful woman compared with Mary of Nazareth.
- Jesus cured Mary Magdalene from a serious illness
- As Jesus taught throughout the country he was accompanied by a group of men led by Peter and a group of woman led by Mary Magdalene.
- This group of woman helped Jesus survive finically.
- Mathew in (26:56) makes the point that the male disciples deserted Jesus prior to his execution while the woman remained near Jesus.
- However the male disciples could have been seen as conspirators and gotten arrested if they stood to close.
- After the execution the woman intended to wash and anoint the body of Jesus.
- However they arrived at Jesus’ tomb and it was empty.
- Mary Magdalene then had a profound revelation where she heard and saw Jesus.
- Jesus told her to spread his story and therefore she is considered an apostle of Jesus.
- However many see her as an “apostle to the apostles”.
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.