Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- aggregated sense of self- importance
- look for constant attention
- fragile self-esteem and are vulnerable to the slightest criticism
Incidence in the population
- 2% to 16% of the population in clinical settings have this disorder
- in 1994, 18% of the students supposed to have narcissism
- in 2009 when the test was redone, 34% of the students showed to have narcissism
- 6.2% of the global population has lifetime narcissistic disorder
Forms of this disorder
- Oral Narcissism
- Central Narcissism
- Individual Narcissism
- Intellectual Cerebral Narcissist
- Acquired Situational Narcissism
- High Functioning Narcissist
- Compensatory Narcissist
- Corporate Narcissism
- Cross-cultural Narcissism
- Cultural Narcissism
- Destructive Narcissism
- Inverted Narcissist
- Aggressive Narcissism
- Conversational Narcissism
- occur in the developing stages of childhood
- lacking the admiration and love from a parent
- one receives extensive pampering, extremely high expectations, abuse or neglect
- depends on the surrounds of the child and their parents
- Grandiose sense of self-importance. Makes their achievements seem bigger and better than they really are. Wants people to view them as superiors without them having earned the status first.
- Preoccupied with fantasies of extreme success, power, beauty, perfect love.
- Believes he or she is special and unique and only should associate with other special, high-ranking people whom alone can understand them.
- Need too much admiration from others
- Feel entitled to special treatments. Have unreasonable expectations and expect that others obey their expectations
- Takes advantage of others for their own reasons
- Lacking in empathy. Can’t put themselves or won’t put themselves in other’s shoes.
- Often envies other people or believes that others envy them
- Are arrogant, haughty in behaviour or attitude
Treatment & Prognosis
- Family/group therapy
- Individual therapy
- Meditation, education, and focus
- Difficult disorder to combat
- “Cracking the narcissistic shell”
- Impact on the Suffer/Family
- Detach from peers and family emotionally
- Become self absorbent
- Want to make others feel they are superior
- No empathy for others
- Causes many relationships to end
- Online or telephone sessions
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Large online community
- Dattner Consulting
- New York
- The Mirror Effect: How Celebrity Narcissism Is Seducing America
- Paris Hilton
- Ben Affleck
- Robert Downey Jr.
- Oprah Winfrey
- William Hurt
- Oprah and William Hurt raise awareness
- 50% – 75% more frequent in males then females
- Modern society acts as an influence
- The Ku Klux Klan
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.