- radiation = substance emits radioactive particles or waves
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
1) Alpha (a) particle – high energy helium nucleus 42He
2) Beta (b) particle – high energy electron
"Be Bold" No-Essay $10,000 Scholarship
The $10,000 “Be Bold” Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. To us, boldest does not mean “best”, or “most accomplished”. Being bold means being: Earnest, Determined, Moving. The scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.
no > p+ + e–
3) Gamma (g) waves – electromagnetic photons
- Radioactive decay = change in nucleus that produces radiation
- Transmutation = change one element into a different element
- Alpha decay: ex. 21286Rn > 20884Po + 42He
- Beta decay: ex. 146C > 147N + e–