- radiation = substance emits radioactive particles or waves
1) Alpha (a) particle – high energy helium nucleus 42He
2) Beta (b) particle – high energy electron
no > p+ + e–
3) Gamma (g) waves – electromagnetic photons
- Radioactive decay = change in nucleus that produces radiation
- Transmutation = change one element into a different element
- Alpha decay: ex. 21286Rn > 20884Po + 42He
- Beta decay: ex. 146C > 147N + e–
Help Us Fix his Smile with Your Old Essays, It Takes Seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.