- radiation = substance emits radioactive particles or waves
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
1) Alpha (a) particle – high energy helium nucleus 42He
2) Beta (b) particle – high energy electron
no > p+ + e–
3) Gamma (g) waves – electromagnetic photons
- Radioactive decay = change in nucleus that produces radiation
- Transmutation = change one element into a different element
- Alpha decay: ex. 21286Rn > 20884Po + 42He
- Beta decay: ex. 146C > 147N + e–