Facts and Stats
- Rohypnol is used by people of all socioeconomic classes
- This drug is generally used by men of all classes to put into the drinks of women at bars “DATE RAPE”
- When consumed, women do not remember anything and they are at the disposal of the male, be it a homeless person or a multi-millionaire
- In 1995, there were 1000 people using rohypnol in the United States
- Rohypnol is most commonly used in the US, Australia, the UK, South Africa, Norway, Sweden, Germany, and Japan
- The major age group for rohypnol is between 18-20(the college age), and between the ages of 35-44
Short and Long-Term Effects
- Rohypnol has several short-term effects
- Rohypnol creates a relaxed, sleepy and drunk feeling that lasts for 2-8 hours
- Other short term affects may include blackouts, with a compete loss of memory, dizziness, nausea, difficulty with motor movements and speaking
- The long term affects of Rohypnol are that it can produce phyisical and phsychological dependence
- It also can cause:
- Vivid or disturbing dreams
- Skin rash
- Impaired sexual functioning
- Menstrual irregularities
- Loss of appetite or increased appetite
- Rohypnol is made up of:
Social Problems & Costs
- Rohypnol is not seen as that addictive
- As stated earlier, it is more commonly used by males, to sneak into the drink of a female or male; “Date Rape Drug”
- However, after a female comes off the high of the drug, she may suffer through physical and psychological dependance
- Although most males do use the drug to rape women, there are a small amount of males who use the drug because of an addiction
- In countries like the US and Canada, Rohypnol costs anywhere between 2-5 dollars per dosage unit.
- In Europe, the drug costs about $20 per dosage unit
- In some of the major drug dealing areas of Latin America, the drug can cost as much as $30 per dosage unit.
Signs and Symptoms
- When someone has a relaxed, sleepy and somewhat drunk appearance for longer than usual than they may have take Rohypnol
- People who have taken rohypnol also experience blackouts, complete loss of memory and severe dizziness.
- For a women, who took the drug against her will, she could be suffering from severe depression
- Women may also be suffering from menstrual irregularities and may have impaired sexual functioning
Help Us Fix his Smile with Your Old Essays, It Takes Seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.