Facts and Stats
- Rohypnol is used by people of all socioeconomic classes
- This drug is generally used by men of all classes to put into the drinks of women at bars “DATE RAPE”
- When consumed, women do not remember anything and they are at the disposal of the male, be it a homeless person or a multi-millionaire
- In 1995, there were 1000 people using rohypnol in the United States
- Rohypnol is most commonly used in the US, Australia, the UK, South Africa, Norway, Sweden, Germany, and Japan
- The major age group for rohypnol is between 18-20(the college age), and between the ages of 35-44
Short and Long-Term Effects
- Rohypnol has several short-term effects
- Rohypnol creates a relaxed, sleepy and drunk feeling that lasts for 2-8 hours
- Other short term affects may include blackouts, with a compete loss of memory, dizziness, nausea, difficulty with motor movements and speaking
- The long term affects of Rohypnol are that it can produce phyisical and phsychological dependence
- It also can cause:
- Vivid or disturbing dreams
- Skin rash
- Impaired sexual functioning
- Menstrual irregularities
- Loss of appetite or increased appetite
- Rohypnol is made up of:
Social Problems & Costs
- Rohypnol is not seen as that addictive
- As stated earlier, it is more commonly used by males, to sneak into the drink of a female or male; “Date Rape Drug”
- However, after a female comes off the high of the drug, she may suffer through physical and psychological dependance
- Although most males do use the drug to rape women, there are a small amount of males who use the drug because of an addiction
- In countries like the US and Canada, Rohypnol costs anywhere between 2-5 dollars per dosage unit.
- In Europe, the drug costs about $20 per dosage unit
- In some of the major drug dealing areas of Latin America, the drug can cost as much as $30 per dosage unit.
Signs and Symptoms
- When someone has a relaxed, sleepy and somewhat drunk appearance for longer than usual than they may have take Rohypnol
- People who have taken rohypnol also experience blackouts, complete loss of memory and severe dizziness.
- For a women, who took the drug against her will, she could be suffering from severe depression
- Women may also be suffering from menstrual irregularities and may have impaired sexual functioning
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.