Salvation and Eternal Life & the Last Judgment
- Christians believe that Jesus was human and that he suffered in his last days in order to accomplish forgiveness of sin
- Adam and Eve disobeyed God and as a result, broke the relationship between Humanity and God.
- Jesus was sent to mend that relationship and forgive sin
- It is believed that once a Christian repents (asks for forgiveness and shows his/her true allegiance to God) they will be forgiven and allowed to live eternity in heaven.
The Last Judgment
- It is believed that Jesus will return to earth and finish what he started
- When he does, Jesus’ purpose will be to make the Last Judgment
- The Last Judgment is to determine which humans will join him, body and south in heaven
o This includes those Christians who have already died – they will rise from the dead and will live for eternity in heaven with God
- If a person has not repented or lived a Christian life (following the rules as outlined by Jesus) they will punished with eternal suffering in hell