- What is the scientific method? It is a logical, systematic approach to solve a problem.
- What is always the first step of the scientific method? Identify the problem and make observation.
- What makes a good hypothesis? A good hypothesis is one that you can test.
- What is a control? Comparison with one or more experimental groups.
- What is an independent variable? The variable that is being manipulated by the experimenter.
- What is a dependent variable? The thing that changes in reaction to the independent variable.
- What is a conclusion? The end or finish of an event or process.
- True or False: Experiments can measure more than one variable at a time. True
A scientist wants to test the effects of soda on the growth of plants. The scientist keeps everything consistant in the experiment except to plant A. he adds 5 ml of Soda each day and to plant B. he adds 5 ml of water. Each day, the scientist measures the height of each plant.
- In the above experiment, what is the dependent variable? Type of plant.
- In the above experiment, what is the independent variable? Type of liquid.
If we have helped you, please help us fix his smile with your old essays...it takes seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.