- What is the scientific method? It is a logical, systematic approach to solve a problem.
- What is always the first step of the scientific method? Identify the problem and make observation.
- What makes a good hypothesis? A good hypothesis is one that you can test.
- What is a control? Comparison with one or more experimental groups.
- What is an independent variable? The variable that is being manipulated by the experimenter.
- What is a dependent variable? The thing that changes in reaction to the independent variable.
- What is a conclusion? The end or finish of an event or process.
- True or False: Experiments can measure more than one variable at a time. True
A scientist wants to test the effects of soda on the growth of plants. The scientist keeps everything consistant in the experiment except to plant A. he adds 5 ml of Soda each day and to plant B. he adds 5 ml of water. Each day, the scientist measures the height of each plant.
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- In the above experiment, what is the dependent variable? Type of plant.
- In the above experiment, what is the independent variable? Type of liquid.