– As the human population keeps increasing (it’s over 6 billion people right now), we keep requiring more and more energy.
Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
– Using too much energy places stress on our energy production systems and may cause blackouts when we need the energy the most.
HOW DO WE USE ELECTRICITY?
– In order to conserve (save) energy, we need to identify how we use different types of energy.
– Remember that electrical energy is transformed into four different types of energy: heat, light, sound, and mechanical energy.
– What kinds of devices do you have in your homes?
– Conserving energy has two benefits to all consumers of energy: it is less expensive and it places less stress on the environment.
CONSERVING ELECTRICAL ENERGY
– Most Canadians use energy in the following ways:
- Most energy is used to heat (furnaces and heaters) and cool (air conditioners and fans) homes.
- The next major use of energy is for heating water (showers, baths, washing clothes, etc)
- The next major use of energy is in running appliances such as fridges, ovens, toasters, washer and dryers, dishwasher, computers, TVs, etc.
- Finally, the average home uses 15% of its electricity for lighting.
– How can we conserve energy when we use so much of it everyday?
– We can try the following:
- Empty the lint tray every time clothes are dried. This will allow the dryer to function at a faster rate and use less electricity.
- Only turn on the TV when it is being used, and lights on only when needed. Only turn on dishwashers when they’re full.
- Close blinds and keep windows shut when using air conditioning.
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.