– As the human population keeps increasing (it’s over 6 billion people right now), we keep requiring more and more energy.
– Using too much energy places stress on our energy production systems and may cause blackouts when we need the energy the most.
HOW DO WE USE ELECTRICITY?
– In order to conserve (save) energy, we need to identify how we use different types of energy.
– Remember that electrical energy is transformed into four different types of energy: heat, light, sound, and mechanical energy.
– What kinds of devices do you have in your homes?
– Conserving energy has two benefits to all consumers of energy: it is less expensive and it places less stress on the environment.
CONSERVING ELECTRICAL ENERGY
– Most Canadians use energy in the following ways:
- Most energy is used to heat (furnaces and heaters) and cool (air conditioners and fans) homes.
- The next major use of energy is for heating water (showers, baths, washing clothes, etc)
- The next major use of energy is in running appliances such as fridges, ovens, toasters, washer and dryers, dishwasher, computers, TVs, etc.
- Finally, the average home uses 15% of its electricity for lighting.
– How can we conserve energy when we use so much of it everyday?
– We can try the following:
- Empty the lint tray every time clothes are dried. This will allow the dryer to function at a faster rate and use less electricity.
- Only turn on the TV when it is being used, and lights on only when needed. Only turn on dishwashers when they’re full.
- Close blinds and keep windows shut when using air conditioning.
If we have helped you, please help us fix his smile with your old essays...it takes seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.