What is a summary?
- A summary paragraph re-states the main idea of the text
- A summary is usually 1/3 length of original text
- A summary is written in your own words
- A summary is written in 3rd person (no I, me, you…)
A summary is NOT:
- Written in 1st person
- Your opinion on the topic
- As long as the original
- Copied sections of the original text—no copy and paste!
How to Write a Summary
- Read over the original text at least twice. Look for key words and text clues (heading, sub-headings, topic sentences, concluding sentences)
- Highlight main ideas
- Highlight supporting ideas
- Jot down main ideas and the supporting ideas in your own words
- Write a summary paragraph using proper paragraph form
- Proofread your work carefully to make sure you have not copied sections of the text word for word.
If we have helped you, please help us fix his smile with your old essays...it takes seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.