What is a summary?
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
- A summary paragraph re-states the main idea of the text
- A summary is usually 1/3 length of original text
- A summary is written in your own words
- A summary is written in 3rd person (no I, me, you…)
A summary is NOT:
- Written in 1st person
- Your opinion on the topic
- As long as the original
- Copied sections of the original text—no copy and paste!
How to Write a Summary
- Read over the original text at least twice. Look for key words and text clues (heading, sub-headings, topic sentences, concluding sentences)
- Highlight main ideas
- Highlight supporting ideas
- Jot down main ideas and the supporting ideas in your own words
- Write a summary paragraph using proper paragraph form
- Proofread your work carefully to make sure you have not copied sections of the text word for word.
"Be Bold" No-Essay $10,000 Scholarship
The $10,000 “Be Bold” Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. To us, boldest does not mean “best”, or “most accomplished”. Being bold means being: Earnest, Determined, Moving. The scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.