1. They developed the world’s first democracy.
2. They were the first people to take the scientific approach to medicine by actually studying the diseases. (Hippocrates)
3. Playwrights wrote and produced the first dramas in outdoor theaters. (Euripides & Sophocles)
4. They invented the rules of Geometry as well as other mathematics. (Euclid)
5. They developed the art of Philosophy to search for wisdom and truth. (Socrates, Plato and Aristotle)
6. They created outstanding literature, poetry and mythology. (Homer’s Iliad and the Odyssey, Sappho for love poems)
7. They wrote the first histories.
8. They studied and classified or grouped different kinds of plants.
9. They created magnificent buildings and sculptures. They made heavy use of columns to support the buildings and decorated them.
10. They gave us the Olympics.
11. They gave us many names that we still use today.
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Professional writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
"Be Bold" No-Essay $10,000 Scholarship
The $10,000 “Be Bold” Scholarship is a no-essay scholarship that will be awarded to the applicant with the boldest profile. To us, boldest does not mean “best”, or “most accomplished”. Being bold means being: Earnest, Determined, Moving. The scholarship will be awarded to the student whose profile is most bold, according to these characteristics.
Zeman, A. and Kelly, K., “Everything you need to Know about World History Homework.” Scholastic Reference, page 18., 1995.