- Are believed to be the descendants from Muhammad through his daughter Fatima and son-in-law Ali.
- It is believed that they are the best source of knowledge about the Qur’an and Islam
- This is the key difference between followers of Muhammad’s family and descendants from the followers of Caliph Abu Baker
- They are the largest denomination of Muslims around the world.
- The word Sunni comes from the word Sunnah, which means words or action.
- Followers of this denomination are believers that Abu Baker is the messenger of Muhammad.
- An ethnic group who mainly reside in the Central regions of Afghanistan, which is referred to as
- They are predominantly Shi’a Muslims and speak Hazara
- There are approximately 3 million in Afghanistan and 1.3 million in Iran
- Many live in Iran, Pakistan, New Zealand & Australia
- In ethno-linguistic terms they are descendants of Iran
- Primarily reside in eastern and southern Afghanistan
- They are typically Pashto speakers and strongly adhere to Islamic principles
- Gained a lot of attention for the Soviet invasion in 1979 and for the rise of the Taliban
Cite this article as: William Anderson (Schoolworkhelper Editorial Team), "The Kite Runner: Islam and Castes," in SchoolWorkHelper, 2019, https://schoolworkhelper.net/the-kite-runner-islam-and-castes/.
Help Us Fix his Smile with Your Old Essays, It Takes Seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.