- Hold the piece at the sides. If necessary use a push stick.
- NEVER adjust the machine while it is running.
- Adjust the upper guide to clear the work piece by 3 mm (1/8 inch).
- Do not start the blade with the work piece against the blade.
- Avoid awkward operations and hand positions where a sudden slip could cause a hand to move into the blade.
- Hold work piece firmly against the table. DO NOT attempt to saw a work piece that does not have a flat surface against the table.
- Hold the work piece firmly and feed into blade at a moderate speed.
- If the blade breaks step back and turn off the power. Wait till everything comes to a stop and then get the instructor.
- If you can see the teeth the blade is probably stopped.
Cite this article as: William Anderson (Schoolworkhelper Editorial Team), "Band saw Safety," in SchoolWorkHelper, 2021, https://schoolworkhelper.net/band-saw-safety/.