Store to home:
- Check the expiry date.
- For fresh foods check for spoilage signs like spots of fuzzy mould, damage such as bruises bad flavours and bad odours
- Check for the shelf life
- Foods bought in bulk should be transferred into air tight container.
Storing food safely:
- Buy only what you need
- Follow the principle of “first in” First out”.
- Store new food behind the same kind of old food.
- Look for “best before” or packaged on date in the containers.
- Clean storage area regularly.
Using canned goods:
- Can be stored at room temperature below 30C.
- Kitchen cabinets are used for most room temperature storage.
- Storage area should be clean and dry.
- Do not store food near or above heat sources.
- Once package or containers have been opened, store them in the refrigerator.
- Use shallow containers for leftover food.
- Cut large pieces of meat into smaller ones so they cool quickly.
- Close the container tightly.
- Be sure to use the food within a few days.
- Clean the work areas and appliance that were used with a bleach solution.
- Wash the can opener blade and the cutting board.
- Rinse, the dish cloth often as you work using hot soapy water.
- Put garbage in a plastic bag, close the bag tightly.
- Cook food to the proper internal temperature or until thoroughly cooked.
- Taste foods containing ingredients from animal sources only.
- Keep extra quantities of food either hot on the stove or cold in the refrigerator.
- Separate knife and cutting board for meat and vegetables.
- Discard foods that have been held at room temperature for more than two hours.
Help Us Fix his Smile with Your Old Essays, It Takes Seconds!
-We are looking for previous essays, labs and assignments that you aced!-We will review and post them on our website.
-Ad revenue is used to support children in developing nations.
-We help pay for cleft palate repair surgeries through Operation Smile and Smile Train.
Cite this article as: William Anderson (Schoolworkhelper Editorial Team), "Food Safety Tips," in SchoolWorkHelper, 2019, https://schoolworkhelper.net/food-safety-tips/.