Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
How the war was going for Germany’s army
How the war affected Germans at home in Germany
· Hitler was in control of much of western and eastern Europe.
o High morale.
· Many people still remembered the horrors of the First World War.
· Food and clothe rationing was introduced.
· Luxury goods were imported into Germany from captured territories.
o High morale.
· Hitler invaded the Soviet Union – “tore the heart out of the German army”.
· Longer working hours, cut backs on heating and having to recycle rubbish due to the expensive war with Russian forces.
· Civilians donated 1.5 million fur coats to keep the German army fighting in Russia warm.
· Soldiers’ morale started to decline.
· The “Final Solution” begins – millions of Jewish civilians are executed.
· Women drafted into the labour force – contradicting the Nazis ‘traditional’ view of women.
o Shows that desperation has started to take over.
· The Dresden Bombing took place. This crippled German civilians’ morale.
· Bombing became more frequent over the next few years.
· The tides turn – War in Europe starts to favour the Allies.
· All effort focused on the armament industries – postal services suspended, letter boxes closed, places of entertainment closed, etc.
· Morale was significantly low on the front-line and the war was coming to its end.
· Support for the Nazis was extremely weak as it was evident that the war was over.
· Food supplies were dwindling. 3.5 million German civilians had died.
·Germany was left shattered.
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.