Part B: Thinking and Inquiry
Can We Write Your Essay?
Ace your next assignment with help from a professional writer. Free proofreading and copy-editing included.
True or False – State whether each of the following statements is true or false. Replace the underlined words with the proper correction in the blank space provided, if the statement is false. (5 marks) the following statement will be something like these
|T or F||Statement||Correction|
|The alkali metals are found in family I.|
|The molecule H2O contains six different atoms.|
- Provide the formula, if the name is given, or the name if the formula is given. (10 marks)
- Draw the Electron Dot Diagram for the following atoms. (3 marks)
- Indicate the charge on the following atoms if there were in their Ionic Form (3 marks)
- Fill in the following table: (9 marks)
|Element Name||# of electrons||# of protons||Atomic number||Atomic Mass||# of neutrons|
- In each table, indicate the name of the atom and the number of atoms total. (7 marks)
|Name of Atom||# of Atoms||Name of Atom||# of Atoms|
- Read the following statements and indicate if a physical (P) or chemical (C) change is taking place. (10 marks)
|Observation||Physical (P) or Chemical (C) Change||Evidence?|
|A piece of paper is soaked in water and savagely torn in half.|
|A piece of paper is set on fire and blown away.|
|Carbon dioxide is blown into limewater and the water turned cloudy.|
- Draw the Bohr-Rutherford diagrams for the following: (6 marks)
(a) (b) (c)
Draw the category of classification of matter flow diagram. Include all parts labeled. (7 marks)
An unknown metallic cylinder displaces 301.73 cm3 of water. The mass of the sphere is 5874.21 grams. Determine whether the cylinder is aluminum (density = 2.7 g/mL), gold (density = 19.3 g/mL), or silver (density = 10.5 g/mL). Please show all of your work. (5 marks)
Draw the anatomy of an atom. Label all components, state their charges and whether that particle can leave the atom. (8 marks)
Part C: Application
Explain why the alkali metals are the most reactive. Use diagrams to aid your explanation (3 marks)
Suggest four clues you would consider before deciding whether a change is physical or chemical (4 marks)
A friend tells you that water boiling in a kettle is an example of a physical change, but that an anti-acid bubbling in water is not a physical change. Do you agree, why? (2 marks)
A friend tells you that melting ice with a magnifying glass an example of a physical change, but that a strip of magnesium bubbling in water is not a physical change. Do you agree, why? (2 marks)
Can We Help with Your Assignment?
Let us do your homework! Expert writers in all subject areas are available and will meet your assignment deadline.